We know that windows comes with a powerful search engine, and how to use it to find applications, search the windows store, get results from the web, find files on your PC. But did you know that you can configure windows 10 search to search for file content?
When you’re a PC user, using windows search is second nature after a while. You can set index options to accurately find any document, picture or music file you need, which windows search usually finds.
What many people want to know is whether it is possible for windows search to find documents through their contents. If you need windows search to find file content, such as text in cpp, java, HTML, and a large number of other text-based files, you need to add a file extension to the windows search options. Continue reading
1.1 Basic concepts
- Indexes (indices) ——————————– Databases database
- Type (type) —————————– Table data table
- Document (Document) —————- Row row
- Field (Field) —————– Columns column
Word, Excel and PPT are part of the Microsoft Office production suite. If your small business has been using Office for some time, you may have hundreds or thousands of Word and Excel and PPT files on your computer. If you limit yourself to browsing all folders, finding the folder you want can be a tedious task. If you try to find Word and Excel files at the same time, this task will become more difficult.
- Solr and Sphinx can meet all your requirements. They are fast and aim to efficiently index and search large amounts of data.
- Both have a list of high-traffic sites that use them (Solr, Sphinx)
- Both provide commercial support. (Solr, Sphinx)
- Both provide client API bindings for multiple platforms / languages (Sphinx, Solr)
- Both can be distributed to increase speed and capacity (Sphinx, Solr)
- Massive data-friendly: Anytxt can index and scan an unlimited number of files in all popular formats, and can reliably find information immediately when needed.
- Extensive document format: Plain Text Format (txt, cpp, html, etc.),Microsoft Outlook (eml),Microsoft Word (doc, docx),Microsoft Excel (xls, xlsx),Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt, pptx),Portable Document Format (pdf) (beta),eBook (mobi, epub, etc.) is coming
- Highlight feature: Because the color of the search term is highlighted, you can see at a glance which results are relevant. This is how Anytxt looks at work.
If you want to find an Excel, but do not know the directory it is stored in, just vaguely remember some words in this Excel. So how do you find this file? The method is simple. Anytxt can find anything you want within 1 second.