Anytxt may have problems with office files and status showing

Overview Forums Discussions Anytxt may have problems with office files and status showing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    karl

For more than 2 times, anytxt show a green √ on it. But when i search the content for a test, anytxt only shows the .txt and ,html results, but not any .docx or .xlsx files. In fact, all the MS office files can’t be found in anytxt. And it seemed that Anytxt indexing all my files so hastily that it wrongly told me it’s done. And the index .db file stop increasing at around 2GB(  when i first intalled it, its total size was at least 10GB eventually but when i want to reintall it directily (without unintall, run the install programme directly), all the data gone…).

i have no idea what happened, the problem may come from some files are easy to index like .txt and .html, but hard for Office files. And anytxt wrongly report the index processing condition to me, maybe there need a more reliable way to report condition.

p.s. the index files(.db files) are larger than i thought(>10GB), but there no notification about its probable size. Developer may remind users not to install in C:\

#560 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Thank you for your suggestion, we have adopted it, please pay attention to the subsequent release version.
    Thank you.

#763 Reply
    Secular Knight

It still happens now.

#814 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

We just released a new version, this issue may not happen again.
    Please try it.
    Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #560 in Anytxt may have problems with office files and status showing
Your information: