Are there plans to integrate Everything to support file name search?

Overview Forums Discussions Are there plans to integrate Everything to support file name search?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TOM

I think AnyTXT does a good job in terms of full-text search, but the supported format is limited after all, and file name search is still needed in daily use. Everything is doing very well in this regard. He is also an open source software. Is there any plan to integrate it? Or develop this function?

As a point of feedback, AnyTXT displays a very small interface under a high DPI display, and it is bad to use. I hope to support high DPI display as soon as possible.

Thank you for bringing such excellent software, and wish you a happy life.
    (English is not very good, the machine translation may be strange to read.)

#403 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

1 There is no plan to develop searching for file names currently, because Everything has done a good job
    2 High DPI solutions are under full development, we will release as soon as possible

Thanks for your suggestion, let us be together make this tool better and more practical.
    Please share it if you like it.

#405 Reply
    TOM

Hahaha, Everything does a great job, but his full-text search seems to call the system’s own service, it is not ideal to use, I just want AnyTXT to integrate it, just don’t need to switch between the two tools, The search aspect is perfect! (Of course, this is just a suggestion.)

In the past two days, I found some small problems during use:

1.AnyTXT does not seem to do index priority processing. I did a test and created a small TXT file on the desktop, and then searched the content after a while. I didn’t find it. I tried to click to update the index immediately. It took a few minutes. Search again, still not found. Finally, it took about half an hour to search. Maybe you can try to do a whitelist priority index function, for example, most people’s documents are placed on the system default path or desktop, then these positions will be updated first when the index starts, or let the user choose to preferentially update route of. Be aware that this is a very useful feature for computers that are not very powerful.

2. My CPU is ryzen 3700X, SSD is Samsung 970 Evo plus, this performance specification has far exceeded most personal computers. But it has not been well utilized. At least this is the case in rebuilding the index. It seems that there is only one conservative strategy, and the index update speed is not very fast. I think there should be an update speed, high performance, medium performance, low performance, and energy saving, so as to make better use of computing resources and speed up the update speed.

3. For ordinary users, there is no clear completion status for updating the index. I don’t know whether it is updated or whether he is still updating. If he can’t find it during the search, he can’t be sure that his keywords are wrong. Or is there really no such file, or the software is not good enough to find? Perhaps a prompt should be added to indicate whether the index status is complete. This is convenient for users to make more intuitive judgments.

The above is what I feel flawed when using. After all, AnyTXT is still very young and there is still room for improvement.

Looking forward to your reply.

#406 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for your feedback.
    1 We will consider introducing the file priority.
    2 Updating full-text index data is a tricky technique. We will do our best to optimize the algorithm and increase the index speed.
    3 Index status indicator is under development and will be released in a few days.
    Thanks again for your feedback.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #406 in Are there plans to integrate Everything to support file name search?
Your information: