Few feature request

Overview Forums Discussions Few feature request

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Developer

Hi,

Couple of features are needed. Please kindly consider

1. Index happens immediately after opening the software. It should not index file and ask for the user to select a drive or folder when user opens the app the first time.

2. There is a option to start/stop the index, however no configuration or setting is available to select the drive or folder to be indexed instead of the whole PC to be indexed.

3. Need an export option to export the search results. Need an export option to export the matched paragraphs in the files

4. Need tamil language in the language option

5. Need compare option between searched files with one another where the text is matched after search results are published

6. Exact word search is required like Whole match. example. assume a sentence exist in text folder as – “there is a portion of”. However whole match searches if i give “there is portion of”. however if i give “there is por” – it is not fetching the file. so exact word search is different from whole match search. Fuzzy search is altogether different. Please add couple of options

7. Able to install Anytext in any windows cloud environment and provide a search option to be accessed via internet. Is there a way to install and do the search via remote interface. I think currently it is not possible.

Thanks

#1798 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

1. Index happens immediately after opening the software. It should not index file and ask for the user to select a drive or folder when user opens the app the first time.
    Because some users don’t know how to set these up. If you want to change these options, please configure it in Tool->Index Manager. We will also optimize these settings in the future.

2. There is a option to start/stop the index, however no configuration or setting is available to select the drive or folder to be indexed instead of the whole PC to be indexed.
    You can do it in the Anytxt Menu->Tool->Index Manager->File Types.

3. Need an export option to export the search results. Need an export option to export the matched paragraphs in the files
    Yes, this feature will be add.

4. Need tamil language in the language option
    Could you please help me to do this?

5. Need compare option between searched files with one another where the text is matched after search results are published
    Sorry, I don’t quite understand what it means…

6. Exact word search is required like Whole match. example. assume a sentence exist in text folder as – “there is a portion of”. However whole match searches if i give “there is portion of”. however if i give “there is por” – it is not fetching the file. so exact word search is different from whole match search. Fuzzy search is altogether different. Please add couple of options
    Anytxt has been optimizing the search algorithm, between speed and results, it will do better.

7. Able to install Anytext in any windows cloud environment and provide a search option to be accessed via internet. Is there a way to install and do the search via remote interface. I think currently it is not possible.
    This feature will be released in 2022

Thanks

#1810 Reply
    Tarkan Bulan

Is it possible to add azw anda azw3

#1822 Reply
    Sumitro Saha

I wish it could search text from image files . Please add this feature.

#1824 Reply
    8CD65CA1

Your request does not appear to be technically feasible. That feature is commonly referred to as OCR, and it necessitates a very different approach than the text parsing we currently have with anytxt. Also, the quality of such a feature is potentially far from optimal, and the effort for a difficult-to-maintain quality of service is probably not worth it.

Not to discourage the team from setting lofty goals, but to express a common-sense viewpoint.

#1825 Reply
    8CD65CA1

By the way, Isn’t it just for me that mapped network folders aren’t indexed? I’d like to encourage you to support this if the problem isn’t just with me.

#1831 Reply
    Joseph

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what it means…

–> Assume we searched for keyword – “calculateResidue()” and i got four java file matches

Now i want to compare a file with another to see the difference. Like in WinMerge we compare two files.

If this feature has been added, it can be used by many developers and easy to do the job.

#1838 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi, Tarkan.

Is it possible to add azw anda azw3 ?

We are working for it, thank you

#1840 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi, Sumitr.

We have tried the OCR function, but it does not work very well. The recognition rate of many languages is not very high, especially handwritten fonts, so this function is not open at present. But we will not give up, please continue to pay attention to our new version.

Thank you.

#1841 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi, 8CD65CA1.

Please provide your NAS server information and the Windows Version.

Thanks.

#1842 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hello, Joseph.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, but the workload of this feature is not small, we need to weigh the development time.

Thank you again.

#2162 Reply
    Harry

What about searching script files such as .php, .js etc, which are basically text files, just with a different terminator?

#14929 Reply
    Abbie

Hi,Harry

You can search by adding Index types.

The steps to add index types are as follows:Index Manager->Index Rules->Add->Select,then choose the file type you need and clicking “ok”.

Thanks for your feedback.

#14966 Reply
    Estevez

Hello, would it be possible to add .msg file support (i.e. Outlook format). Thanks.

#14988 Reply
    Abbie

Hello,Estevez

.msg type can be added to Anytxt by Options->Index Manager->Index Rules->Add->Select.
    By the way, .msg file may contain text, pictures or other data forms. Anytxt can currently only process text in this type of file.

Thank you very much.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Reply #1825 in Few feature request
Your information: