Run Without Administration rights

Overview Forums Discussions Run Without Administration rights

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    fiber

how can i use this amazing tool without Administration rights?
    due to work reasons i have no access to the Administration right, and when i run this software, the gui pane just don’t show up.
    waht should i do with this???

#300 Reply
    fiber

by the way, the platform is win7 x64 ,enterprise edition

#301 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hello there. I am trying to add the feature you want.
    But you should know, some files will not be listed, because they are the files that only the administrator group can access.

#414 Reply
    horton

Hi develeper
    I’m also facing the same problem, but my system is Win10 1909, and I download the latest version.
    I installed the software successfuly, but everytime I launch this software the UAC will appear and infom me to enter the administrator account and password, so How should I do with this ?

#415 Reply
    horton

Hi develeper
    I’m also facing the same problem, but my system is Win10 1909, and I download the latest version.
    I installed the software successfuly, but everytime I launch this software the UAC will appear and infom me to enter the administrator account and password, so How should I do with this ?

#416 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Yes, friend, we did it intentionally.
    The search results will list all the content on the entire system, due to security reasons, only administrator-level users can view them. So you need an administrator to run.
    Thank you.

#417 Reply
    horton

hi Keymaster
    Thanks very much for your reply.
    Did you mean I have to need an administrator everytime when I launch? That will be very inconvenience for me.
    Is there any way can only enter one time or bypass the UAC examination last forever?

#418 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hello, there are two ways:
    1 Disable UAC (not recommended)
    2 Add the current user to the Administrators group
    Thank you

#552 Reply
    Economy

Would it be possible to have the option to install the software as a service. Everyhing serach does this and avoids UAC issues.

By the way : your software is great! (my wishes: index network drives, avoid UAC)

#629 Reply
    Bob

I too am worried about running with admin privileges. What about letting the user specify which folders to index rather than index everything?

#633 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi, Bob.
    Hello, you can exclude the directories you want to hide in Index Manger.
    Thank you.

#682 Reply
    nan

I have encountered the same problem. One potentially valuable information is that “everything ” provides two usage modes: administrator mode and service mode . On the premise of “start with system” is turned on, the latter no longer needs administrator privileges. (Of course, administrator privileges are still required for initial installation, startup and configuration)

#742 Reply
    Hans

hey,

really would be a nice option to have it run without admin, i set up my parents computers so they run basic users account not to get infected, so i cant install this application at all

give an option for non admin user to be able to search only on the files they can access, should be an option that can be set at install

#4779 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

After ver1.2.970, Anytxt can also be run without an administrator. Just right-click the desktop shortcut and remove the option to run as administrator. But this is not recommended, due to we do not test enough to run non-admin rights.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Reply #416 in Run Without Administration rights
Your information: