Why does the process “ATIHelper.exe” keep using the network to download?

Overview Forums Discussions Why does the process “ATIHelper.exe” keep using the network to download?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    光影

#1651 Reply
    Guest123

This use of the of network access is disconcerting. Has anyone else been able to verify this on their installation of AnyTXT? I was just about to install but until I know it’s safe I won’t be installing. I’m hoping there is an explanation.

#1679 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Because your computer has accessible network storage devices, such as Windows shares, NAS, etc., Anytxt can also search for the contents of files in them.

Of course, if you don’t need to search the file content on the network storage device, you can delete this process without any influence on searching local files.

#1716 Reply
    光影

谢谢,已经找到原因,因为我选择的是“映射为网络驱动器”,改为“添加一个网络位置”就不会再扫描windows共享里的文件了。

#11523 Reply
    Howe Zhang

The ATOHelper OCR plug-in starts automatically when the computer is turned on, consumes a lot of CPU resources, and cannot be terminated manually.

#12961 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

ATOHelper is an OCR process, which is extracting text in images, which requires computing power.
    If there is no need to search for text in pictures, please use the non-OCR version, thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #1651 in Why does the process “ATIHelper.exe” keep using the network to download?
Your information: