Windows 11 has been developed with many unique and powerful features to help increase its utility and benefits to the user. As such, many tools have been added naturally to the system to make it more useful. One system that has continued its presence from previous Windows versions in Windows 11 files search. Through this feature, the user can search for the files/ directories by typing their name. However, at times, a need arises to search the file content without opening each file. In such cases, the user may find restricted support within the Windows 11’s framework.
Don’t worry! Here, we have compiled a complete guide about the software, including:
- What is AnyTXT Full-Text Search?
- How to Use AnyTXT Full-Text Search?
- What are the Different File Types Supported by AnyTXT?
- Why is AnyTXT Better Than Other Content Search Methods?
What is AnyTXT Full-Text Search?
The AnyTXT Searcher solves the problem of searching file content within the local documents and applications. Think of it as being a Google search engine for your local file system. It offers faster search results than the in-built Windows Search Content tool introduced in Windows 10 and has rolled over into Windows 11.
The way AnyTXT Full-Text Search works is by extracting the text of the documents frequently used by the user in the background. This information is then indexed using its high-end indexing system to create a complete store of the text metadata, ready to be searched by the user. This way, the search file content results can be delivered faster than most other tools.
Currently, AnyTXT Full-Text Search is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 2003. 2009, 7, 8, 10, 11, 2012 and 2016 etc.
How to Use AnyTXT Full-Text Search?
To search file content using AnyTXT Full-Text Search, follow the given steps below:
- Run the application.
- Once the application launches, enter the terms or string that you wish to search in the text of the files. The search box is present on the left of the interface.
- You can then add file directories and specify file types for the search. The clock on the “+” icon and select the file types as appropriate for the current search.
- Press the “Go” button. You may press enter as well. The system starts working instantaneously, and you get results of the files with similar or matching content/ text.
Yes! That is how simple the method is when searching file content through AnyTXT Full-Text Searcher.
What are the File Types Supported by AnyTXT?
Any text has a competitive edge over most competing software by offering the most comprehensive list of searchable file types. You may search most common extensions such as txt, java, HTML, doc, docs, xls, xlsx, ppt, pdf, WPS, epub, etc.
Some Outstanding Features of AnyTXT Full-Text Searcher?
There are many other benefits of choosing AnyTXT Full-Text Searcher to search file content on your Windows system:
- The search is extremely fast, usually providing most matching results in less than 1 second.
- Every search is SSD Optimized, allowing for faster speeds on better hardware.
- Users can translate the interface into their language as well with multilingual support.
- Everything is encrypted using AES256 to ensure maximum security.
- The indexing is very fast. New files are added to the index soonest to ensure that future searches can find content from them.
- You may view the relevant keywords from the files accordingly.
Why is AnyTXT Better Than Other Content Search Methods?
There are a few other Windows 11 that can be used to search the content of different files. However, both these methods are less efficient and quite time-consuming compared to the AnyTXT Searcher.
In Windows 11 Content Search Way, you may search the content in the files through the Windows inbuild Search Content option:
- In the Windows Search Bar, look-up up the indexing options.
- On the indexing options tab, select the advanced settings.
- In the Advanced settings, move on to the files tab and select the extensions you wish o search content from. Usually, the most common extensions are already selected here.
- Select the indexed properties and file contents options and confirm the new settings. Your Windows will start an indexing process when this occurs.
- Open the file explorer and navigate to the directory where the search has to be performed.
- Enter the search terms in the search box.
Usually, this procedure will result in both the files and file contents listed with matching text in them. However, the indexing process on Windows Content Search is very slow and may take a lot of time to produce useful results. Similarly, the results produced may not be directly related to the search term as well. On the other hand, AnyTXT full-text search can offer much more focused results for your searches.
The second option is to use Windows String Search. Here, you need to know how to use the command prompt to find the search results:
- You need to enter the relevant syntax for the search.
- Another syntax must be entered for different directory locations and file types as well.
- The results are not displayed in a user-friendly manner as well.
Comparatively, AnyTXT searcher offers you a user-friendly interface that makes it easier to search, display the results, select the files and locate the content. Such increased utility makes AnyTXT a favorite amongst the users.