- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 months, 2 weeks ago by .
February 11, 2023 at 9:00 pm #9869PLIGuest
First of all, congratulations on a very useful program. Thanks for making it available and updating it.
I have a couple of suggestions for AnyTxt:
– More options for the update interval. I have a very large repository (220 k files, 300 GB) that is accesed over a relatively slow link, so the index updates take longer than 4 hours. If I set the update interval to 4 hours, indexing never stops. In fact, I wonder what happens when the previous indexing job hasn’t finished and a new indexing job is started by the scheduler. Does the previous job automatically stop? Is there a conflict?
– Better feedback about what the program is doing. Right now, we only have a few hints about what the program might actually be doing at a certain moment. There’s the indicator on the upper right corner that tells us that there is an indexing job running, but little more. Some additional information would be welcome, such as: name of the file/folder currently being indexed, number of files/folders already indexed, etc. etc.
The index log does provide a little more information, but I think its not enough, plus you have to know that there is a log file and its location, which many people probably don’t know
– Improvements in the Index manager section. The current way of getting to the indexing process isn’t very intuitive. One has to go to Option (which, by the way, should be OptionS) -> Index Manager -> Index rules. A more direct way with better wording would improve the program, I think. Also, it would be useful to have a global total of all indexed files, so that we don’t have to manually add them up to know the total
– A couple of cosmetic details: the program doesn’t remember the zoom setting between sessions. So if the font is too big, we have to adjust the zoom every time the program starts. Also, the Index rules window doesn’t remember its size, which is usually too small, so we have to readjust its size every time we open it
Thanks in advance for considering these suggestionsFebruary 14, 2023 at 5:33 am #9896adminKeymaster
about the update interval, if your file has not been indexed for 4 hours, the next automatic update will be ignored, and the previous file index will continue.
thank you for using our software, we have recorded your suggestions, and they are submitted to developers.
thanks for your detailed feedback.
If you have any questions, please continue to contact us.