Folder To Index (Not Entire System)

Overview Forums Discussions Folder To Index (Not Entire System)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joseph

Hi,

Can we make the choice initially to choose whether to index the folder or entire pc? Also, have a configurable menu to switch incase when required

As soon as i launched the current beta version everything is getting indexed which i don’t want to go

I want to index only few folder or a folder and it’s sub-folders and not entire PC

Thanks.

#1430 Reply
    极客

Hello, please follow the steps below:
    1. Run Anytxt, Tools -> Index Manager -> File Type, and edit the index rules (include path and exclude path);
    2. Stop Anytxt Index Service and exit the Anytxt program completely;
    3. Enter the Anytxt installation directory and delete C.db, D.db…;
    4. Run Anytxt, it will re-index according to the new rules.
    This is how I did it, hope it helps.

#1431 Reply
    Fibonacci

what a song and dance. why  all this magic tricks to just index a folder

wish it could be simple configuration setting.

we will wait for the year 2025. in the mean time just use DOCFETCHER.

#1434 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi, Joseph.
    极客’s steps are correct. Anytxt is a free software developed in my spare time. I am busy recently and I couldn’t reply in time, sorry. Thank you for 极客’s reply.

#1435 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi, Fibonacci.
    Of course you can use DOCFETCHER, that is your freedom. Also, FileLocator, Lookeen Desktop Search, Copernic Desktop Search Lite…are also good tools.
    Thanks.

#1445 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hello, Joseph.

This version has the rebuild index feature, please have a try.

#1511 Reply
    Gerardo

Para admin: tu programa me parece magnifico de lo mejor que he visto. Tres hurras porel:::

Lo tengo localizado en mi web:

AnyText Search – Busqueda de texto

#1603 Reply
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi, Gerardo. Thank you very much.

#1733 Reply
    Donald Ayers

Home users of Calibre which is capable of adding thousands of books to a home library might be well alerted to exclude the path to the Calibre Library folder least AnyText proceed to grapple with the thousands of books in a variety of formats.  The exclusion list would seem to require exclusion by file type.  So, it seems that the Calibre Library ought at least be excluded by .epub and .pdf file types if not .txt and .mobi.  And it appears that such exclusions would have to be individually made by file type in the Tools section of AnyText.   If I am wrong, please advise.   I can easily imagine a scenario where I am looking up a name such as Robert and AnyText pulling up hundreds if not thousands of the entry of that name from Calibre Library texts.  Pardon if I have missed an easy solution.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Folder To Index (Not Entire System)
Your information: